Physician (IM or FP) - Chicago and suburbs
Founded on the principle that a continuum of timely, focused healthcare is the key to delivering enhanced clinical outcomes and cost savings to the healthcare system, MPAC is a proven industry leader in developing post-acute programs aimed at eliminating unnecessary hospitalizations and delivering cost savings.
Job Description: In this position the physician works in close collaboration with Advanced Practice Clinician's (aka APC's: nurse practitioner's or physician assistant's) to manage mostly sub-acute patients at skilled nursing facilities (SNF’s). The physician will be designated as the attending physician (PCP) to patients at select SNF’s that also utilize MPAC's full-time APC Program. The physician makes scheduled rounds while the APC takes on majority of the patient management activities; i.e., managing INRs, reviewing labs, ordering medications all of which minimize calls to physician. The physician will have to round on patients at facilities in Chicago and the suburbs but can determine which facilities to round at on a given day
Schedule - This is a full-time position. Generally the hours are Mon-Fri from 9:00-5:00 but we can accommodate other schedules by request
- Take calls as needed when not on-site however calls are minimal because the on-site APC handle many of the patient management activities
Job Requirements: At MPAC, we’re looking for physicians with strong interpersonal skills. The physician must be able to build trust and rapport with patients and staff. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for providing high quality healthcare and the disposition to treat patients like old friends rather than case numbers.
- Candidates must have completed an Internal Medicine of Family Practice Residency
- Function as the PCP for residents at select SNF’s
- Function as the supervising/collaborating physician for PA’s and NP’s
- 5 weeks of paid time off (including personal, sick CME and holidays)
- Full benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance and 401K
- Support from a physician owned practice ensures you maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid malpractice coverage provided through MPAC
- Work for a fast growing and fun company that is making a difference in how healthcare is being delivered